New York City Misconduct Lawyer
Police officers wield a great deal of power and authority over the general public. When officers conduct themselves professionally and ethically, that power is put to good use in finding, arresting, and convicting criminals. When police officers or corrections officers choose to misuse the authority they have been given, they betray the trust placed in them by every citizen they have sworn to protect and serve.
At Orlow, Orlow & Orlow, P.C., our New York City police misconduct attorneys have dedicated years of legal practice to helping victims of police misconduct seek justice and restitution in a court of law.
What Qualifies as Police Misconduct?
Though police misconduct often leads to excessive physical force and injuries, it may also appear in the form of emotional or psychological abuse. An officer of the law may violate standards of professional conduct by:
- Engaging in police brutality
- Humiliating people in their custody
- Acting based on racial stereotypes
- Using illegal or unethical interrogation techniques
- If you feel that you have been unfairly mistreated by the police, an experienced New York City police misconduct lawyer can evaluate your case and help you determine the best course of action.
We Can Help You
Victims of abusive police officers often feel as though they have nowhere to turn. Too often, accusations of police misconduct are dismissed or ignored by the general public – and the police department is unlikely to act unless forced to. Orlow, Orlow & Orlow, P.C. is here to help.
If you or someone that you love has been subjected to injury or humiliation at the hands of the police, contact Orlow, Orlow & Orlow, P.C.