Toxic mold, also known as black mold, can be extremely dangerous to those who come into contact with it. When this fungus grows inside of a home or other commercial building, it can cause serious health problems for the visitors and occupants of the property. It is important for renters, managers, and property owners to know the telltale signs of toxic mold infestations.

Signs of Toxic Mold Presence

If you familiarize yourself with the following indicators of a toxic mold infestation, you will be able to safeguard yourself, your family and your visitors from the dangers of black mold exposure.

  • Moisture on walls, ceilings, floors, and counters
  • Wall stains
  • The smell of mildew or must
  • Difficulty breathing or allergic reactions when inside the building
  • Suffering mold poisoning

Mold typically grows in rooms and areas where a water source is present. It tends to thrive in areas with little light, a mild temperature, and humid surfaces. Bathrooms, for example, are prime locations for toxic mold to cultivate.

The Dangers of Toxic Mold

Toxic mold can cause a number of uncomfortable and even dangerous heath effects. Overexposure may lead to poisoning, which has following symptoms:

  • Headaches
  • Coughing, eye irritation, and other allergy-related symptoms
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Dizziness
  • Lethargy
  • Memory loss
  • Urinary tract infections
  • Internal organ pain
  • Infertility

If you believe that you have been exposed to toxic mold, then the New York City personal injury lawyers of Orlow, Orlow & Orlow, P.C. can help you take legal action against the party responsible for your pain.

Contact Us

If you or someone you love has suffered illness or disability as the result of toxic mold exposure on another party’s property, you may have the right to claim compensation for your suffering. Contact the New York City personal injury lawyers of Orlow, Orlow & Orlow, P.C.